Thank You 2013 Table Hosts! - List HERE
How to Sign Up as a Table Host
2. When you get to the part where you choose a table (Step 1 of Checkout), simply put yourself down as a table captain.
3. You will not be financially responsible for every seat - we just ask that you send out some invites.
4. Use the toolkit below to help you get the word out to your guests. Make sure they select your name from the list when they purchase their tickets.
Register by Phone Now:
Call (800) 494-8497. When purchasing your tickets through Box Office Tickets, ask to be designated as a Table Host.
Table Host Toolkit:
Thank you for signing up as a Table Host for the 2014 Portland Gala Event. Below you will find information, tips and downloads aimed at helping you to prepare a guest list, develop an informed and entertaining experience for your guests, and (ultimately) fill seats at your table.
What is the suggested process of organizing a table?
Filling your table begins by extending an invitation to your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues or whomever else you feel may have an interest in supporting the cause. A personal invitation is best, whether in person or by telephone. Otherwise, you may invite them via e-mail or letter, using our sample ask letter (above) as a starting point. (We encourage you to “personalize” the letter to fit your voice and style.)
The most important thing is to start inviting people immediately. Don’t wait until the last minute. Start early. People’s calendars fill up quickly, so getting on their schedules earlier will give you the highest likelihood of successfully filling your table.
What if someone asks me: "Why should I attend"?
Let them know that this year is a vital one for LGBT equality. Given the powerful political, corporate and individual relationships HRC has built over the years, HRC is uniquely positioned to influence national, regional, state, and local legislation. Marriage equality, workplace equality, and pro-LGBT federal legislation are all issues we are working on, but we need their financial support to be successful.
The 2014 Portland Gala Dinner allows you to make an impact on LGBT equality. The event serves as one of the primary fundraisers for HRC’s work and is critical for HRC to carry out its vision for LGBT equality.
Beyond making an impact on our future, the dinner is a fun and energizing evening. At the HRC Portland Gala, they will experience the best of Oregon (and SW Washington):
– A unique outdoor summer gala event - a beautiful, historic estate garden located only minutes from downtown Portland.
– Sumptuous farm-fresh gourmet food from local suppliers, prepared on outdoor grills by amazing chefs
– Delicious wines, beer and cocktails created from Oregon micro-distilled spirits.
...all while supporting the important work of the Human Rights Campaign in Oregon, SW Washington and throughout the country.
How do my guests purchase a ticket at my table?
Tickets may be purchased online Click Here, or by calling Box Office Tickets at:
(800) 494-TIXS or (800) 494-8497
Please remind your guests that they should select you as their Table Host when prompted either on the phone or online.